Please Introduce yourself here

Where new members introduce themselves

Please Introduce yourself here

Postby krogoth » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Please find the time to introduce yourself here. I have started this forum for collectors of inverted center stamps of the world.
krogoth
Site Admin

Inverted Center Stamps of the World

Postby invertedcenter » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Welcome one and all! After finally creating a website my stamps long deserved, a fellow collector, Roy suggested a bulletin board for us collectors! Good idea indeed! As I self taught myself how to design me website, so I did with this Bulletin board. I welcome all of you to share your knowledge, expertise and also your collection on this site! We have so much to learn from each other and also many wonderful stories from where and how long it took us to acquire certain stamps....Joe

I came from the tiny island of Malta in the mediterranean sea. As a kid I was introduced to stamp collecting which I enjoyed until I came the USA. I abandoned collecting for many years until one day on the internet I discovered the Peter Balner inverted center stamps of the world collection! Never did I see or had I imagined so many inverted center stamps. I only knew of the Jenny as a kid and perhaps heard of the CIA invert. So that got me into collecting stamps with any part of the original printing process inverted as you can see on my website.
Its been 13 years now and am still at it. Nothing excites me more than an unknown invert that is not listed.

I look forward for any queries, questions suggestions on anything pertaining to our invert hobby! Welcome all!
invertedcenter

Re: Please Introduce yourself here

Postby Roy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 am

I’m Roy, living in Bali, Indonesia with my wife and our three sons.

My interest in philately is more of a rebirth of what many of us experienced as our first collecting passion going back to the 1950’s and 60’s when just kids. Once discovering girls, cars, and other collectibles ( :D ) I put stamps aside and never really thought much more about them until recently. Wow! A great deal has changed from those days, and the internet has surely impacted that change to a great degree.

Inverted centers can be called a great many things: wonderful freaks, the caviar of philately, stamps with juice and the list goes on. They are indeed all of those things and more. They grab my attention, and I can’t think of anything else of only a few square centimeters that can literally take one’s breath away.

Inverted watermarks and inverted overprints just don’t cut it for me, nor does the often obsessive emphasis on all the fine details associated with philately like number of perforations, hinged or never hinged, various types, plate numbers, and most especially, PSE grading.

For me, it’s the drama, the obvious unique character, and the rarity of inverted center stamps that makes them so wonderfully appealing.

While grading doesn’t matter to me, authenticity on the other hand is of paramount importance, and hopefully this forum will eventually develop into a valuable resource to help newbies or “reborns” like me from avoiding the nasty pitfalls and disappointments that every veteran of this field has surely experienced over their years of romancing these wonderful freaks.
Roy

Re: My Philatelic Collections and Exhibits

Postby ddprice98 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:37 pm

I am Don David, age 73, I'm getting married (re-married) on March 22, 2014, to my same age girl friend of 3 1/2 years. Marcia encourages my collecting and exhibiting stamps, and accompanies me to Stamp Shows, but doesn't collect herself.

I specialize in U.S. Bicolor stamps (1869, 1873, 1901, 1918 and 1979 -- in all of these years of bicolor stamp production, inverts occurred, most of which I possess, and exhibit). My exhibits have consistently won gold medals, some Grand Awards, a couple of Best of Shows, recently a score of 93 and a Special Award at the Bangkok,Thailand FIP Show, in the summer of 2013.

I am presently re-organizing my three exhibits (one, an 8-frame, based on Bicolor Production; a one frame "Jenny" related; and a new one frame based on the 1979 $1.00 Rush Lamp and Candleholder Stamp, also known as the "CIA Invert") for Philatelic competitions at TEXPEX, in Dallas, Texas, March 1 - 3; PNSE, at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 3 - 5; and PIPEX, in Portland, Oregon, May 14 - 17).

I will post results after the Shows.
ddprice98

Postby invertedcenter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:37 am

Roy...Welcome!! You have hit the nail right on! Exactly how I feel about stamps! And I thought I was the only one! Welcome again my friend!
invertedcenter

Postby invertedcenter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:40 am

Don Welcome!! You bring much needed knowledge with years of experience that will definitely be helpful to us all! We look forward to seeing your collection someday posted in here!
invertedcenter

Postby Roy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 am

Good luck Don, and if your wonderful collection is available for viewing on the internet can you supply us with the URLs?

Or, can you share photos?

Also, you no doubt have some fantastic stories to tell!

Cheers!
Roy

Postby Brian » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:06 am

Hi I'm Brian.
I live in Australia and collect inverted centers.
I also collected stamps as a kid. I invested in some quality Australian stamps 10 years ago but got a bit bored until I saw an inverted quetzal in an auction. This got me curious in inverted centers which I have now been collecting for 3 years. I have bought a few things off Roy who has posted on this forum.
I have been promising Joe I would post and now I am finally doing it.
Brian

Postby krogoth » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Welcome Brian. Glad you are on board. Cannot wait until you post your story on the inverted owl Checkoslavakia.
krogoth
Site Admin

Postby invertrex » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:12 am

hello my name is clay.i live in ohio usa.iv been collecting stamp from the age of.10yrs im now 50!. I been collecting inverts for less than 10 years. I love then! when in comes to stamps .nothing more breath taking than and inverted stamp . i have 150+ inverts im still learning about them. thank for having me .
invertrex

Next

Return to First port of call! Please introduce yourself here!