Inverted Center Versus Inverted Frame

For anyone looking to have their inverted center stamp questions answered.

Inverted Center Versus Inverted Frame

Postby Roy » Tue May 06, 2014 3:34 am

Ever since being totally seduced by this specialized area of philately, I’ve been lusting for an example of Liberia 62a. I like a great many of Liberia’s philatelic contributions anyway, and that appreciation stems from both Liberia’s history as well as the similarity of the flora and fauna to my home, Bali, Indonesia.

As luck would have it, I was able to acquire the recently offered lower right corner example of the famed single sheet of Liberia 62a sold last week by Cherrystone Auctioneers in New York.

A reconstruction of the singular full plate of 60 stamps is wonderfully illustrated and discussed in this brilliant web site:

http://www.philib.org/sheets/62a.html

Because the full sheet is so well documented, and the sheet number is clearly printed at the top right of the sheet, it is obvious that it isn’t the center that’s inverted, rather it’s the frame that is inverted.

My question is simple…is this distinction important?

In the absence of documentation of the original sheet, which has inverted elements, is there any other way to determine an inverted center from an inverted frame (border)?
Roy

Re: Inverted Center Versus Inverted Frame

Postby invertedcenter » Wed May 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Roy..Congrats on your membership to the Liberia 62a Club! No I do not think that it should effect us collectors wether the frame or the center is inverted as long as one in inverted with respect to the other! And no, I think unless you have the sheet number, it would be impossible to tell.
invertedcenter

Return to Inverted Center Questions