“Affordable” US Center Inverts...Lyons Census

For anyone looking to have their inverted center stamp questions answered.

“Affordable” US Center Inverts...Lyons Census

Postby Roy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:33 am

I put the word affordable in quotes purposely because what’s affordable to one person is not necessarily affordable to another.

To my eye, the US revenue inverts are as dramatic as the Jenny, the 1869 pictorials, or the Pan Americans. In some cases I think they are even more dramatic simply because the stamp size of some revenue inverts is about twice the size of either the Jenny, the 1869 pictorials, or the Pan Americans.

Recently I got lucky and found what I regard as a great example of US Revenue Scott R115b. While a used example, it appears unused and it has very good centering…not easy to find even with the non center invert issues. I show it below along with a normal, non invert example.

I understand that Larry Lyons privately published a census of inverted center US revenue stamps, but I can’t find any reference to his census count for R115b.
If anyone has a copy of that census and can provide me with what he records for R115b I will be very grateful!

Roy

Re: “Affordable” US Center Inverts...Lyons Census

Postby krogoth » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 am

Roy,
Nice stamp indeed! I think if anyone can answer your questions on these revenue inverts it would be Don. i believe he is busy at the moment getting ready for his show.

Joe
krogoth
Site Admin

Return to Inverted Center Questions